Sewer inspections save time and money by visually identifying and locating trouble spots in sewer lines. Our State of the Art equipment allows us to exactly locate the direction and depth of the pipe. With this information, Odessey can locate problem areas and any connecting lines that exist such as storm drains and downspouts. We can determine the condition of your sanitary lines and advise you on possible repair options if necessary.
Video camera inspections pinpoint problems like these:
- Broken, cracked or collapsed pipe — damaged pipes requiring repair or replacement.
- Offset pipe — sewer pipes have become misaligned due to shifting soil, frozen ground, settling, etc.
- Blockage — grease buildup or a foreign object is restricting or prohibiting proper flow and/or cleaning of the line.
- Corrosion — the pipe has deteriorated and/or broken, causing sections to collapse and restrict water flow.
- Bellied pipe — a section of the pipe has sunk due to ground or soil conditions, creating a valley that collects paper and waste.
- Leaking joints — the seals between pipes have broken, allowing water to escape into the area surrounding the pipe.
- Root infiltration — tree or shrub roots have invaded the sewer line, preventing normal cleaning and/or roots have damaged the pipe.
- Off-grade pipe — existing pipes are constructed of substandard or outdated material that may have deteriorated or corroded.